Saturday, March 31, 2012

Steamed egg pudding

I've written about egg custards before, and I have been making them fairly regularly in the microwave - especially in the colder months.

Recently, though, I saw a link to a recipe for Korean style creamed eggs, and I really like that it's something you can make quickly on the stovetop.  The one in the link is a savoury recipe, while I like experimenting with chocolate pudding and ever so slightly sweetened (with Stevia or Splenda) lemon custards, but the principle is the same.  You could even make a crustless pumpkin pie this way.

From www.thekitchn.com

You prepare a custard, and steam it in individual ramekin dishes in about an inch of barely simmering water in a stockpot for 8 to 10 minutes.  It's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment