Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Low Carb Recipes

I get asked quite frequently about good sources for low-carb recipes.  Personally, I don't usually seek out low-carb or paleo dieting recipe sites because I tend to cook the way I always have cooked, just without grains or sugar. Our meals resemble regular  meals, just without a big heap of starchy veg on the plate.

We also do eat non-starchy vegetables and salads. In fact, I have quite a large vegetable garden on the side of the house, and am looking forward to the copious quantities of lettuce and kale I will be harvesting before long.

However, if you're looking for family-friendly inspiration from the web, there are two websites you should check out. Both of them have extensive low-carb resources in addition to their recipe sections:
Everyday Paleo: written by a busy trainer and mother of three who can usually be found in the kitchen creating family friendly paleo meals.
Low Carber:  A self-described sugar free zone with the cute subtitle "I've got friends in low-carb places", this is a comprehensive resource site for all things Atkins.
This site is linked to an active recipe forum which is certainly worth checking out.  While you're there, take a look at this recipe for "You won't believe it's cauliflower pizza", which, in spite of my own skepticism, appears to be well worth trying.
If you have any must-see sites to recommend, please leave a comment below.  Or feel free to share your recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment