Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spot the contradiction

It's late, and I am keeping this post extremely short with a little quote about strawberries that I came across this evening:
They can slow the rate of digestion of starchy foods.  This helps control the rise in blood sugar that follows a starchy meal. This is a key benefit for those with adult-onset (Type 2) diabetes.
I don't know if this is a real benefit of strawberries, though I have seen it referenced in several places.

What I really wonder is whether the authors of this piece, Dr. Leo Galland, M.D, and Jonathan Galland, are actually serious about that paragraph.

Diabetes and starchy meal.  They don't belong together in an article written by people with M.D. after their name.  They don't belong together in any article on improving one's nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment